The Cat ® 349 excavator brings premium performance with simple-to-use technologies like Cat GRADE with 2D, Grade Assist, and Payload – all standard equipment from the factory to boost your operator efficiencies up to 45 percent. Combine these with standard safety features like E-fence and all-new ROPS cab, longer maintenance intervals that lower your maintenance costs up to 15 percent, and a power system that improves fuel efficiency up to 10 percent and you have a low-cost-per-unit-of-production excavator that’s perfect for your applications.
Not all features available in all regions. Consult your Cat dealer for specific configurations available in your region.
MORE PERFORMANCE, LESS FUEL
- Increase operating efficiency up to 45 percent with standard Cat technologies that lower operator fatigue and operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance.
- Get up to 10 percent higher fuel efficiency – more work per unit of fuel – than the Cat 349F excavator.
- The C13 engine can run on biodiesel up to B20 and meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, Japan 2014, and Korea Tier 4 Final emission standards.
- Match the excavator to the job with three power modes – Power, Smart, and Eco. Smart mode automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions, providing max power when needed and reducing power when it isn’t to help save fuel.
- The new high-efficiency hydraulic fan cools the engine on demand to help reduce fuel consumption; available reverse function makes it easy to keep cores clean.
- New self-sharpening Advansys™ bucket tips increase production and lower costs.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Don’t let the temperature stop you from working. This excavator has a high-ambient capability of 52° C (125° F) and cold start capability of –18° C (0° F).
EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY
- Boost productivity up to 45 percent versus traditional grading with standard Cat GRADE with 2D system – includes indicate-only and laser capability.
- Standard Grade Assist: Stay on grade – simply and effortlessly – with single-lever digging.
- Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching applications.
- Keep the tracks on ground in lifting and hard digging with Boom Assist.
- Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications with Swing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel.
- Standard Cat PAYLOAD on-board weighing system: Achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging.
- Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets.
- Take payload data with you. The monitor’s USBport lets you download your results from one shift all the way up to 30 days of work so can manage your progress without needing an internet connection or VisionLink® subscription.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D: Create and edit grade designs with ease on a second high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with 3D: Create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage’s full range of motion on a second high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor.
- Know the excavator’s exact position relative to GPS and GLONASS systems. The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch and roll caused by sloping ground conditions.
- Remote Troubleshoot connects you to a dealer service pro to help solve your problem and quickly get you to work.
- Remote Flash works around your schedule to ensure your machine’s software is up to date for optimal performance.
- The Cat App helps you manage fleet location, hours, and maintenance schedules; it also alerts you for required maintenance and even allows you to request service from your local Cat dealer.
- Standard Product Link™ provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes, and other machine data on demand through VisionLink online interface, helping you improve job site efficiency with lower operating costs.
- The Cat attachment locator can help you find tools, track work time, and plan maintenance and replacement – all through your Cat App equipped smartphone.
- Already invested in another brand’s 3D system? No problem. Standard Cat technology like GRADE with 2D can readily integrate with that system to give you the precise results you need.
WORK IN COMFORT
- Choose between Deluxe and Premium cabs – both with automatic climate control.
- Stay warm with the Deluxe seat; stay warm and cool with the Premium seat.
- Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration up to 50 percent over previous excavator models.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls all located in front of you.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect personal devices and make hands-free calls.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, smartphone app, or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program each joystick button, including power mode, response, and pattern, using Operator ID; the machine will remember what you set each time you go to work.
- Automatic hydraulic oil warm up gets you to work faster in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Navigate quickly on the high-resolution 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- A second 254 mm (10 in) monitor is available for the Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D and Cat GRADE with 3D.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
REDUCED MAINTENACE COSTS
- Expect up to 15 percent less maintenance cost than the 349F due to extended service intervals. (Savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours.)
- Check hydraulic system oil and easily drain fuel system water and fuel tank water from ground level.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Change all fuel filters at a synchronized 1,000 hours. Oil and fuel filters grouped and located on right-hand side of machine for easy maintenance.
- The new air intake filter with pre-cleaner has double the dust holding capacity of the previous air intake filter.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50 percent longer than previous filter designs.
- The new high-efficiency hydraulic fan has an optional automatic reverse function to keep cores free from debris, eliminating the need for any operator interaction.
- S∙O∙S ports simplify maintenance and allow for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Standard 2D E-Fence integrated right out of the factory prevents the excavator from moving outside of operator-defined set points.
- Lift Assist helps you avoid tipping by letting you know if your load is within the excavator’s safe working range limits.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- A travel direction indicator helps operators know which way to activate the travel levers.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows, and a flat engine hood design.
- A ground-level shutoff switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- Rear and right-hand-side cameras are standard. Upgrade to 360° visibility and you’ll easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
- Serrated steps and anti-skid punch plate on the service platform help prevent slipping.
- The Cat PL161 Attachment Locator is a Bluetooth device that makes finding your attachments and other gear quick and easy. The excavator's onboard Bluetooth reader or Cat App on your phone will locate the device automatically.
- Save more time and energy with the available work tool recognition feature. A simple shake of the attached tool confirms its identity; it also ensures all the attachment settings are correct so you can get to work quickly and efficiently.
- Auto hammer stop helps you prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the attachment and excavator. Simply enable it through the monitor, and you and your fellow operators will be warned after 15 seconds of continuous firing followed by automatic shutoff at 30 seconds.