The Cat 345 GC is a reliable, low-cost-per-hour excavator. It’s up to 25 percent more fuel efficient with up to 30 percent less maintenance cost than its comparative model*. Add in a quiet and comfortable ROPS cab, easy-to-use controls, and several Cat attachment options and you have a fine machine capable of meeting your various job requirements.
*Compared to 349D2 Tier 3
Not all features available in all regions. Consult your Cat dealer for specific configurations available in your region.
DO MORE WITH LESS FUEL
- Get up to 25 percent more fuel efficiency than the 349D2 Tier 3 excavator in similar applications.
- The C9.3B engine meets Brazil MAR-1 and China Nonroad Stage III emission standards, equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA.
- Match the excavator to the job with two power modes. Smart mode automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions, providing max power when needed and reducing power when it isn’t to help save fuel.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- Valve priority puts hydraulic pressure and flow where you command it to go for fast light- to medium-load cycle times.
- Advansys bucket tips increase penetration and improve cycle times. Tip changes can be done quickly with a simple lug wrench instead of a hammer or special tool, improving safety and uptime.
- Add auxiliary hydraulics to do more work with various Cat attachments.
- Product Link™ comes standard so you can remotely monitor machine health, location, hours, and fuel consumption on demand through the VisionLink® online interface.
BUILT TO PERFORM
- Work up to 3300 m (10,830 ft) above sea level.
- Standard high-ambient temperature capability is 52° C (125° F) with cold start capability at –18° C (0° F).
- Automatic hydraulic oil warm up gets you to work faster in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Advancedfuelfiltration protects the engine from dirty diesel fuel.
- Grease sealed between track pins and bushings reduces travel noise and prevents debris from entering to increase undercarriage life.
- Standard built-in protection includes a heavy-duty bottom guard, travel motor guard, and swivel protection guard.
- The sloped track frame prevents mud and debris accumulation, helping reduce risk of track damage.
WORK IN COMFORT
- The Comfort cab has a wide seat that adjusts for operators of all sizes.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls all located in front of you.
- Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the right temperature all shift long.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50 percent over previous excavator models.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect to personal devices.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, or Operator ID passcode.
- Program your power mode and joystick preferences using Operator ID; the excavator will remember them every time you go to work.
- Protect your hammer from overworking. Auto hammer stop warns you after 15 seconds of continuous firing and then automatically shuts it off after 30 seconds — all to prevent wear and tear on the attachment and excavator.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 203 mm (8 inch) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- The Cat Locator is a Bluetooth device that makes finding your attachments and other gear quick and easy. The excavator's onboard Bluetooth reader or Cat App on your phone will locate the device automatically.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
- Make moving the excavator much easier with Cat Stick Steer. Simply push a button and use one hand to travel and turn instead of both hands or feet on levers or pedals.
SAVE ON SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- Expect up to 35 percent less maintenance cost than the 349D2 Tier 3 excavator due to extended and synchronized service intervals and smaller fluid quantities (savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours).
- Check hydraulic system oil and easily drain fuel system water from ground level.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Using Cat genuine oil and filters and doing your typical S∙O∙S monitoring will double the current service interval to 1,000 hours, giving you greater uptime to do more work.
- Oil and fuel filters are grouped and located on right-hand side of machine for easy maintenance.
- The new air intake filter with pre-cleaner has double the dirt holding capacity of the previous air intake filter.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50 percent longer than previous filter designs.
- S·O·S ports are on ground level, simplifying maintenance and allowing for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Keep your excavator secure with Operator ID. Use your PIN code on the monitor to enable the push button starting feature.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- A travel direction indicator helps operators know which way to activate the travel levers.
- A ground-level shutoff switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab posts and larger windows.
- Serrated steps and anti-skid plate on the service platform help prevent slipping.
- A rearview camera is standard.