325 – Tier 4 / Stage V
The Cat® 325 Excavator brings premium performance with simple-to-use technologies like Cat Grade with 2D, Grade Assist, Lift Assist and Payload – all standard equipment from the factory to boost your operator efficiencies up to 45%. Combine these features with a compact radius design for working in tight spaces, ergonomic cab, longer maintenance intervals that lower your maintenance costs up to 20%, and a power system that reduces fuel consumption by up to 25% and you have a low-cost-per-unit-of-production excavator that’s perfect for medium- to heavy-duty applications. Optional blade allows for faster job site cleaning and leveling as well as better lifting capabilities. Optional heavy counterweight allows you to maximize the performance of this compact radius machine.
- Cab Monitor Improvements.
- Continuously improved user interface allows for intuitive navigation, minimizing performance interruption with the easy-to-use touchscreen menu.
- Identify apps quickly with a grid list view, abbreviated app names, and categorized menu options.
- A notification center keeps important information visible to the operator, and displays messages without shrinking the camera view.
- Color coded notifications set critical messages apart from the rest.
- Use the in-monitor QR code to learn about machine and technology features through a full suite of “how-to” videos.
- Operator Coaching - Empower Operators. Exceed Targets.
- Operator Coaching is an in-cab system that recognizes specific opportunities for operators to be more productive and prevent unnecessary machine wear and tear.
- After detecting inefficient or restricted actions, the system alerts the operator and provides insight into the inefficiency and steps to improve.
- Paired with a VisionLink® Productivity subscription, this information and other Operator Coaching insights can be viewed from anywhere.
Not all features are available in all regions. Please check with your local Cat dealer for specific offering availability in your area. Build Number: 07E
HIGH PERFORMANCE DIGGING AND LIFTING
- Up to 25% lower fuel consumption when using Smart mode.
- Compact radius helps you work in tight spaces.
- 10% improved swing torque makes working on slopes easier.
- Increase operating efficiency up to 45% with standard Cat Technologies that lower operator fatigue and your operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance.
- C4.4 engine that meets emission standards. An aftertreatment system that requires no maintenance or downtime.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- Match the excavator to the job with power modes; let Smart mode automatically match engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions.
- Advansys™ bucket tips increase penetration and improve cycle times. Tip changes can be done quickly with a simple lug wrench instead of a hammer or special tool, improving safety and uptime.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Available SmartBoom™ lets the boom freely travel up and down without using any pump flow so operators can focus on stick and bucket work. The benefits are reduced operator stress and reduced fuel consumption(not available in all regions - consult your local dealer on availability).
- Don’t let the temperature stop you from working. The excavator has a standard high-ambient temperature capability of 50° C (122° F) with de-rate and cold start capability of –18° C (0° F). An optional –32° C (–25° F) cold start package is available.
BOOST EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY WITH INTEGRATED CAT TECHNOLOGIES
- Boost productivity up to 45% versus traditional grading with standard Cat Grade with 2D system – includes indicate-only and laser capability.
- Standard Grade Assist helps you stay on grade – simply and effortlessly – with single-lever digging.
- Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching applications.
- Keep the tracks on ground in lifting and hard digging with Boom Assist.
- Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications with Swing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel.
- Cat Payload helps you achieve precise load targets to improve your operating efficiency. Pick up a load of material--with a bucket and thumb combination or grapple and clamshell attachments--and get a real-time weight estimate without swinging.
- Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets.
- Want a 3D system to improve your digging results? Caterpillar's single antenna global navigation satellite system (GNSS) makes it easy by giving you visual and auditory guidance to grade. Plus, you can create and edit designs on the touchscreen monitor while you’re on the job. If your application calls for a dual antenna system, it’s easy to upgrade.
- Upgrade to our dual antenna GNSS for maximum grading efficiency. The system lets you create and edit designs on the touchscreen monitor while you’re on the job, or you can have the plan design sent to the excavator to make your work easier. Plus, you get added benefits of avoidance zones, cut and fill mapping, lane guidance, and augmented reality along with advanced positioning capability.
- Already invested in another brand’s 3D system? No problem. Standard Cat technology like Grade with 2D can readily integrate with that system to give you the precise results you need.
- All Cat Grade systems are compatible with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica. Already invested in a grade infrastructure? You can install grade systems from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica onto the machine.
- Operator Coaching is an in-cab system that recognizes specific opportunities for operators to be more productive and prevent unnecessary machine wear and tear.
TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF MANAGING YOUR EQUIPMENT
- VisionLink® provides actionable data insights for all assets - regardless of fleet size or equipment manufacturer.* Review equipment data from your desktop or mobile device to maximize uptime and optimize assets. Dashboards provide information such as hours, miles, location, idle time, and fuel utilization. Make informed decisions that lower costs, simplify maintenance, and improve safety and security on your jobsite.
- VisionLink Productivity gathers and summarizes machine telematics and jobsite data from all your equipment – regardless of the manufacture.* View actionable information such as idle time, fuel burn, location, payload, load counts, total cycles, and more to improve machine efficiency, productivity, and utilization. Access data anywhere via a mobile, tablet, or desktop device - on or off the jobsite.
- Cat® Inspect is a mobile application that allows you to easily perform digital preventative maintenance (PM) checks, inspections, and daily walkarounds. Inspections can easily be integrated with other Cat data systems like VisionLink so you can keep a close eye on your fleet.
- Remote Troubleshoot is a mobile application that allows your Cat dealer to perform diagnostic testing on your connected machine remotely to help ensure that issues are resolved quickly and with less downtime.
- Remote Flash is a mobile application that allows you to update onboard software without a technician being present, allowing you to initiate software updates when convenient, increasing your overall operating efficiency.
- The Cat PL161 attachment locator allows you to track attachments across all worksites, reduce the number of lost attachments, and plan for attachment maintenance and replacement. The work tool recognition feature automatically adjusts machine settings based on the selected tool.
* Data field availability can vary by equipment manufacturer.
WORK IN COMFORT
- Choose between Comfort, Deluxe and Premium cabs – all with automatic climate control (consult your local dealer on availability in your region).
- The Comfort cab is equipped with a mechanical suspension seat. The Deluxe seat is heated and air adjustable. The Premium seat is heated and cooled and adjusts automatically.
- Tip up console on the Deluxe and Premium cab improves ingress/egress by approximately 45%.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration up to 50% over previous excavator models.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls all located in front of you.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect personal devices and make hands-free calls.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth® key fob*, or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program your power mode and joystick preferences using Operator ID; the excavator will remember what you set each time you go to work.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 203 mm (8 in) touchscreen monitor, or with the optional 254 mm (10 in) touchscreen monitor (available on the Deluxe and Premium cabs only), or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator’s manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor.
- Make operating easier with the touch of a joystick button. Additional auxiliary relays allow you to power on or turn off a CB radio, beacon light, and even a dust suppression watering system without taking your hands off the joysticks.
- Tilt rotator attachments-ours or other brands-work seamlessly with Cat 2D Grade, Assist, Payload, and E-Fence . With no additional hardware required, all you have to do is simply select "Third Party Tiltrotator System Installation" in the monitor, do the calibration, and get to work.
- Find the tool you need – even if it’s hidden beneath overgrowth or debris. The excavator’s onboard Bluetooth reader can locate any work tool equipped with Cat asset tracking devices up to a range of 60 m (200 ft).*
- Auto Dig Boost increases power by up to 8% for better bucket penetration, shorter cycle times, and greater payloads.
- Make moving the excavator much easier with Cat Stick Steer. Simply push a button and use one hand to travel and turn instead of both hands or feet on levers or pedals.
- Need more lift during your shift? Turn on Auto Heavy Lift and get 8% more power exactly when you need it for as long as you need it.
*Not available with the Comfort cab.
- Expect up to 25% less maintenance cost than the 325F (savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours).
- Do all daily maintenance at ground level.
- Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the ground-level engine oil dipstick; fill and check engine oil on top of the machine with a conveniently located second dipstick.
- Track your excavator’s filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- No required maintenance on the Cat Clean Emissions Module.
- Using Cat genuine oil and filters and doing your typical S·O·SSM monitoring will double the current service interval to 1,000 hours, giving you greater uptime to do more work.
- Expect the latest air intake filter with precleaner to last up to 1,000 hours – a 100% increase over the previous filter.
- The latest hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50% longer than previous filter designs.
- High-efficiency cooling fans run only when needed; you can program intervals so they automatically reverse to keep cores clean without interrupting your work.
- Boost productivity with proactive service reminders. The integrated vehicle health management system alerts the operator with step-by-step service guidance along with parts needed so you don't experience any unnecessary downtime.
- S·O·S ports are on ground level, simplifying maintenance and allowing for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
- Cat Detect - People Detection helps protect the most valuable asset on any jobsite – people. The system uses smart cameras with depth sensors to provide the operator with visual and auditory alerts so he or she can take immediate action when a person is too close to the excavator.
- Cat Command remote control enables equipment operators to work safely outside the machine when working in hazardous environments. Command offers the choice of handheld Consoles (line-of-sight) or long-distance virtual Stations (non-line-of-sight). Deep integration with machine systems enables efficiency and productivity by maintaining the use of in-cab technology* features (Grade, Payload, Assist, etc.).
- Lift Assist helps you avoid tipping. With visual and auditory alerts, you’ll know if your load is within the excavator’s safe working range limits.
- 2D E-Fence prevents the excavator from moving outside of operator-defined set points; the system works with thumb and bucket combinations along with hammer, grapple, and clamshell attachments.
- Access all service points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of the excavator.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows, and a flat engine hood design.
- The standard hydraulic lockout lever isolates all hydraulic and travel functions in the lowered position.
- Ground-level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine.
- A rearview camera and a right-side-view camera** are standard. Upgrade to 360° visibility and you’ll easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
- The latest service platform design in the front of the machine provides easy, safe, and quick access to upper service platform; the service platform steps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping.
- Optional boom and stick lowering check valves prevent reverse flow, keeping your front linkage securely in place should the hydraulic system unexpectedly lose power.
- Brightly colored seatbelts allow easy recognition of properly utilized safety restraints.
- Enhance jobsite safety. Add a swing alarm to alert people when you're rotating from trench to stockpile and back again.
* Not all technology features are available on the Command Console and vary by model. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
**Not available in Korea.
- The Cat® C4.4 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- The 325 emits up to 25% less CO2 than the previous 325F.*
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels*** up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Cat Grade technologies combine advanced guidance with optional automated machine control helping you reach grading targets while reducing fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency, job site productivity, and accuracy.
- Auto Engine Speed Control reduces unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Cat® Payload for excavators provides on-the-go material weighing which helps reduce fuel burn by improving loading efficiency, job site productivity, and eliminating trips to the scale.
- Cat® 2D E-fence keeps the front linkage within a predefined work area to avoid hazards such as traffic - not only helping keep personnel safe but also helps you avoid repairs, downtime, and costly job site fines.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
*All comparisons to 325F. Productivity, fuel and CO2 emissions vary by application. CO2 emissions calculations based on a reference work cycle using 2.2 U.S. gallons per hour of #2 U.S. diesel fuel based. Applies IPCC2006 methodology using U.S. EPA Emissions Hub emission factors. Includes DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) related CO2. Fuel measurements are at 15°C. Estimated average fuel consumption improvements are based on tests or Product Link® data where available. Productivity improvements are based on test data.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel (for use of blends higher than 20% biodiesel, consult your Cat dealer).
***Tailpipe greenhouse gas emissions from lower-carbon intensity fuels are essentially the same as traditional fuels.