The Cat® 315 GC Excavator fits your jobsite and your wallet. Simplified maintenance points, longer maintenance intervals, and fuel-saving features and components keep owning and operating costs low. Combined with its compact radius design and a large, ergonomic cab, the 315 GC keeps you working efficiently and comfortably – all at a low cost-per-hour.
- Cab Monitor Improvements.
- Continuously improved user interface allows for intuitive navigation, minimizing performance interruption with the easy-to-use touchscreen menu.
- Identify apps quickly with a grid list view, abbreviated app names, and categorized menu options.
- A notification center keeps important information visible to the operator, and displays messages without shrinking the camera view.
- Color coded notifications set critical messages apart from the rest.
- Use the in-monitor QR code to learn about machine and technology features through a full suite of "how-to" videos.
- The standard integrated vehicle health management system alerts the operator with service guidance and parts needed to enhance uptime.
FUEL SAVING PERFORMANCE MATCHED TO THE JOB
- Use up to 15% less fuel than the 315F to keep you moving and productive on the jobsite.
- Work confidently in space-restricted areas. Dig, swing, and dump within a working space of 3.96 m (12 ft 11 in).
- Easily work on slopes and move around the jobsite with 10% more swing torque.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while providing the control needed for precise digging requirements.
- Smart mode meets your power needs by automatically matching engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions.
- Get higher production in demanding applications, easier penetration into piles, and faster cycle times with Cat® Advansys™ bucket tips. Quickly change tips with a simple lug wrench instead of a hammer or special tool, improving safety and uptime.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- The Cat C3.6 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Expect up to 25% less maintenance costs than the 315F.
- Quickly check and service your machine with all daily maintenance points accessible from ground level.
- Check the engine oil level quickly and safely from the ground. Fill and check engine oil on top of the machine with a conveniently located second dipstick.
- The hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000-hour replacement interval – 50% longer than previous filter designs.
- Track your machine’s filter life and maintenance intervals on the in-cab monitor.
- Boost productivity with proactive service reminders. The Integrated Vehicle Health Management system alerts the operator with step-by-step service guidance along with parts needed so you don't experience any unnecessary downtime.
- S·O·SSM ports are located at ground level, simplifying maintenance and allowing for quick, easy extraction of fluid samples for analysis.
WORK IN COMFORT
- Increase operator productivity with a comfortable, 13% larger cab.
- The cab has a wide seat that adjusts for operators of all sizes.
- Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce cab vibration.
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls, all located in front of you.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage beneath and behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, and coat hook are also provided.
- Use the standard radio’s USB ports and Bluetooth® technology to connect personal devices and make hands-free calls.
RELIABLE, WHATEVER THE ENVIRONMENT
- Don’t let the temperature stop you from working. The 315 GC has a standard high-ambient temperature capability of 52° C (125° F) without derate and cold-start capability of -25° C (-13° F).
- Auto warm up speeds up hydraulic oil warming in cold temperatures and helps prolong the life of components.
- Grease sealed between track pins and bushings reduces travel noise and prevents debris from entering to increase undercarriage life.
- The track guiding guard helps keep the excavator track aligned when traveling and working on slopes.
- The sloped track frame prevents mud and debris accumulation, helping reduce the risk of track damage.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- Start the engine with the push of a button or the unique Operator ID function.
- Program your preferred power mode and joystick settings using your operator ID. The excavator will automatically remember your selections.
- Navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- The Cat PL161 attachment locator is a Bluetooth device designed to let users know where their attachments are across all worksites, reduce the number of lost attachments, and plan for attachment maintenance and replacement. The PL161 integrates easily into VisionLink® for full fleet management of machines and attachments from one smartphone or tablet dashboard to view location and tracking details.
- Save more time and energy with the available work tool recognition feature. A simple shake of the attached tool confirms its identity and ensures all the attachment settings (pressure, flow, and dimensions) are correct so you can work quickly and efficiently.
- Not sure how a function works or how to maintain your machine? Simply access the operator’s manual through the touchscreen monitor.
- Cat continues to improve user interface functionality for operators of all skill levels. The touchscreen monitor is an easy-to-use operating tool that presents the jobsite dashboard with an intuitive format. Productivity applications are displayed in grid-view to read on-the-go, and touchscreen navigation is programmed to make sure job performance continues without any hold ups.
- Access all daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of the machine.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2:2008 requirements.
- Smaller cab pillars, larger windows, and a wider skylight hatch provide 60% greater vertical visibility.
- The standard hydraulic lockout lever isolates all hydraulic and travel functions in the lowered position.
- A ground-level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine and shuts down the machine when activated.
- A rearview and right-side-view camera are standard, increasing safety and visibility.
- The service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to the upper service platform. Prevent slipping with the anti-skid punch plate on the platform steps.
- Optional boom and stick lowering check valves prevent reverse flow, keeping your front linkage securely in place should the hydraulic system unexpectedly lose power.
- Brightly colored seatbelts allow easy recognition of properly utilized safety restraints.
- Enhance jobsite safety. Add a swing alarm to alert people when you're rotating from trench to stockpile and back again.
- Make service work easier and safer with optional inspection lighting. With the flip of a switch, lights will illuminate the engine, pump, battery, and radiator compartments to enhance visibility.
TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF MANAGING YOUR EQUIPMENT
- VisionLink® provides actionable data insights for all assets - regardless of fleet size or equipment manufacturer.*Review equipment data from your desktop or mobile device to maximize uptime and optimize assets. Dashboards provide information such as hours, miles, location, idle time, and fuel utilization. Make informed decisions that lower costs, simplify maintenance, and improve safety and security on your jobsite.
- VisionLink® Productivity gathers and summarizes machine telematics and jobsite data from all your equipment regardless of the manufacture.* View actionable information such as idle time, fuel burn, location, payload, load counts, total cycles, and more to improve machine efficiency, productivity, and utilization. Access data anywhere via a mobile, tablet, or desktop device - on or off the jobsite.
- Remote Flash is a mobile application that allows you to update onboard software without a technician being present, allowing you to initiate software updates when convenient, increasing your overall operating efficiency.
- The Cat® C3.6 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- The 315 GC emits up to 15% less CO2 than the previous 315F GC*.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels*** up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels.Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations" (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Engine Speed Control reduces unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling Services helps reveal excessive wear, contaminated fluids or other "unseen" issues that can shorten component life. In many cases, you can extend oil and coolant change intervals by using fluid monitoring. Consult your Cat dealer or the machine's operation and maintenance manual for more information.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Cat VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
- Cat® Reman parts are a sustainable choice. New Cat parts are designed with the potential to have more than one life, so Cat Reman parts are truly remanufactured not just repaired, rebuilt or reconditioned. Because the process ensures the latest design changes are incorporated into Cat Reman parts, you get like new quality and outstanding performance at lower cost.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel (for use of blends higher than 20% biodiesel, consult your Cat dealer).
*** Tailpipe greenhouse gas emissions from lower-carbon intensity fuels are essentially the same as traditional fuels.