309 CR VAB (Long Undercarriage)
The Cat® 309 CR Variable Angle Boom (VAB) Mini Excavator delivers maximum power and performance in a mini size to help you work in a wide range of applications. The Variable Angle Boom provides the maximum in linkage flexibility in tight applications.
ALL DAY COMFORT
- A sealed and pressurized cab is equipped with an improved air conditioning system, adjustable wrist rests and a suspension seat to help keep you working comfortably all day long.
EASY TO OPERATE
- Controls are easy to use and the intuitive Next Generation Monitor provides customizable machine operator preferences and easy to read machine information.
STICK STEER TRAVEL MODE
- Moving around the job site is even easier with the Cat Stick Steer option. Easily switch from traditional travel controls with levers and pedals to joystick controls with a push of a button. The benefit of less effort and improved control is in your hands!
BIG PERFORMANCE IN A MINI DESIGN
- Increased lifting, swinging, travel and multi-functioning performance helps you get the job done more efficiently, dig-to-blade allows easy clean up and long undercarriage provides improved stability.
SAFETY ON THE JOB SITE
- Your safety is our top priority. The Cat Mini Excavator is designed to help keep you safe on the job. A back-up camera, courtesy work lights and a fluorescent retractable seat belt are just a few of the safety features we’ve built into the machine.
SIMPLE SERVICE FOR LESS DOWNTIME
- Maintenance is quick and easy on the Cat Mini Excavator. Routine check points are easy to access at ground level with grouped service points and robust service panels.
LOWER OPERATING COSTS
- Equipped with features such as auto idle, auto engine shutdown, and efficient hydraulics with a variable displacement pump, the Cat Mini Excavator was designed with reducing your operating costs in mind.
UNMATCHED DEALER SUPPORT
- Your Cat dealer is here to help you reach your business goals. From providing equipment solutions to operator training to service needs and beyond, your Cat dealer is ready to help.
- Dedicated auxiliary hydraulic pump is ideal for running power-hungry attachments while allowing the machine to simultaneously travel and multifunction. This feature allows consistent pressure to the auxiliary lines with no loss of hydraulic power keeping your attachment running at full power maintaining optimal productivity.
- The Cat® C3.3B engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) * or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Idle helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Engine Idle Shutdown Timer reduces fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions and unnecessary idle time by shutting down the machine after a pre-set idling period.
- Cruise control helps you maintain a constant speed as you travel across your jobsite saving fuel and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Cat® Seat Belt Reminder provides audible and visual warnings to remind operators to buckle up during machine operation. The easy-to-install system is compatible with all equipment brands to help ensure operator safety.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.(if equipped)
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.(if equipped)
- Cat Grade with advanced 2D and 3D technologies combine advanced guidance with optional automated machine control helping you reach grading targets while reducing fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency, job site productivity, and accuracy. (if equipped).